Woburn Recreation is excited to be teaming up with MK Boxing and Fitness Club located in Woburn, MA. MK Boxing has a superior 7,500 square foot facility boasting over 30 boxing bags, speedbags, conditioning mats, a professional boxing ring, locker rooms, cardio machines, and weight training equipment. Many children are getting into the sport of boxing. Training in boxing will not only improve the body, it will improve the mind. The sport of boxing can and will be safe if done properly. Please read below for specific goals and benefits of this class. This program will take place at MK Boxing, 1 Esquire Road, North Billerica, MA.
Participants must bring their own gloves or may buy them at MK Boxing.
Goals and Benefits of this Class:
- Self-Confidence – Boxing enables children to become more self-confident because it is an individual sport that allows them to progress at their own pace and are not compared to others.
- Coordination – Our youth program challenges the entire body, developing coordination, balance, agility and poise.
- Discipline & Activeness – Boxing training will help your child to discover that through self-discipline and perseverance he or she can accomplish almost anything. Regular active training improves reflexes and teaches the child professionalism.
- Cardio – Boxing is a great cardiovascular workout. Regular boxing training can help your child maintain a balanced heart rate and reduce his or her stress
- Strength – Boxing enhances the development of stronger bones and muscles and improves flexibility.
- Weight Loss/Control – Boxing training sessions help prevent obesity. A single workout can burn as many as 500 calories. Regular practice will help your child maintain a consistent and healthy body weight.